The framing continues, with just a little bit of lag. There is a slight delay because I found a less expensive source for the exposed beams above the living room, a change that saves several thousand dollars, and the purchase was a little slow. Temporary joists have been installed so that framing can proceed.
The up side is that the pace has given us a chance scrutinize the work. I’ve noticed a couple things that are easy enough to correct right away, but not so much after. This includes a joist that would conflict with the planned location of recessed lights, and a wall that was 5″ off. Doesn’t sound like much, but it would have effected bearing walls above, the alignment of windows and balance of surrounding exterior panels.
The first floor was more or less complete this past weekend. Exterior walls on the second floor have begun!