We know some freakin’ fantastic people. Stephen T. said he was available if I needed help. Out of the blue. Like I said, fantastic! He fed bales of insulation into the blowing machine while I hung out in the attic, aiming and distributing the product. It looks like snow. We had a little extra material so that went in too and we probably have r-55 up there. Like the drunk octopus ductwork pictured below? We heaped a little extra over those and even used some spare batts.
We took partial delivery of our interior trim – most of it from Melissa’s dad (what we worked on in his shop) and partially from an outfit called Quarter Sawn Flooring. The base will be flush with the drywall – 6″ on the first floor and 4″ on the second (I’m holding 4″ up on the 1st floor in the picture.)
Stephen and I got to work to the music of the drywall crew as they slam bammed through the house hanging drywall. And auto-tuning still doesn’t sound any better in Spanish. It’s starting to look like livable space!
Our esteem for the builder goes up and down; down regarding his lacking sense of urgency and coordination. But when we pointed out a lot of screw-ups by the drywallers (and their blatant negligence of the wood stored on site) he had our back. Anything missing or damaged, they have to replace. They might get kicked off the job too.
We’re on the verge of a lot of finish work, so I redrafted a schedule and our move in date will likely miss the 9 month term of our construction loan (even without our involvement factored in). Regardless, we have a lot of fun stuff coming up and I will try to keep on top of progress here!